CMO Supply Manager
Reports to: Head Supply Chain Management, North America
Contract Manufacturing Operations (CMO)
Supply Chain Management, North America – Contract Manufacturing Operations (CMO)
Number of direct reports: 0
The CMO Supply Manager is accountable for ensuring quality supply of products to patients from assigned CMOs through management of planning/scheduling, procurement and operations supporting CMO production.
This position is a key interface between Global/Regional Supply Chain (Planning, Logistics, Procurement), PTM Site Management teams (Site Managers, External Quality) and the CMOs and has the responsibility of balancing demand requirements with the CMO’s operational capacity and contractual requirements.
The CMO Supply Manager develops the CMO production/delivery plans and ensures they fully and accurately reflect demand for CMO products across the various customers (N. America region, EU/ROW demand, clinical, etc). He/She then ensures the CMOs have the capabilities and materials required to support the production plan and deliver to meet Roche requirements.
The CMO Supply Manager must be able to build and maintain strong partnerships with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure good collaboration and ensure that performance targets are met or exceeded.
Principal Roles & Responsibilities/ Accountabilities – Major functions of the position
Management/Leadership Roles & Responsibilities
Functional Roles & Responsibilities
* Create the replenishment forecast (Supply Network Plan) for the CMO, reviewing and/or aggregating demand to ensure all demand streams (N. America region, EU/ROW demand, clinical, etc). are represented to ensure a full and accurate demand picture
* Work with CMOs to review forecasts and ensure CMOs have the capacity to meet Roche requirements; address any gaps through CMO management teams and/or coordinate with downstream customers if demand cannot be met
* Participate in planning processes and forums (pre-S&OP, PSCT Planning teams, etc) to ensure alignment on production requirements at assigned CMOs
* Issue POs to CMOs within contractual lead times, to procure CMO production/materials based on firm demand
* Work with CMOs to confirm feasibility of requested PO delivery date, ensuring availability of capacity, materials and other resources.
* Monitor status of work in progress to ensure on-time delivery to meet Roche requirements and/or address impact of any delays or other schedule changes; provide direction and prioritization for such changes
* Support CMO selection activities and contract negotiations to ensure CMOs have the capabilities required to meet Roche requirements
* Work to minimize inventory variances and write-offs
* Work within CMO management team (JMT) to acilitate issue resolution and problem solving within CMOs, CMO site managers and with external support partners to ensure production plan requirements are met
* Participate in CMO governance structures (JMTs) and activities to ensure CMO performance and capabilities are aligned with the requirements of Roche’s supply chain
* Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and work within the Joint Management Team (JMT) to address performance issues. Follow up to identify root causes and the corrective actions required to prevent their reoccurrence
* Identify, propose and manage improvement projects to address process deficiencies or improvement opportunities
* Serve on multi-disciplinary and/or cross-functional project teams to represent PTM’s business requirements
Membership in Decision Bodies and Major Internal Working Groups or Alliances
Sales and Operational Planning Meetings PTM
Sales and Operational Planning Meetings (Biologics and SM)
Operational and Business Review Meetings
Key internal interfaces:
* Head of CMO Supply Chain Management, North America
* Supply Chain Business Analysts
* PTM and PTQX site management teams
* Global/Regional Supply Chain functions
* Transport & Logistics Department
Key external contacts:
* Assigned CMOs
Who you are
Education and Experience
* 7-10 years experience in Logistics/Materials Management in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
* Bachelor degree in life science, business, industrial engineering or equivalent required. MBA a plus
* Experience using ERP systems such as SAP (MPS/MRP/CRP experience and use)
* Project Management experience a plus
* APICS certification (or equivalent) a plus
Functional / process / job-related knowledge, skills & abilities
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate win/win solutions both within and across organizations
* Understanding of industry standards, technical disciplines, and manufacturing practices required to manage detailed scheduling and planning data
* Exhibit creativity in adapting to situations, develops contingency plans, and makes decisions.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Business process expertise: Demonstrated ability to define, improve and implement cross-functional business processes and systems
* Lives the 5 Roche core competencies at essential level
(Focus on value and the customer, align for success, deliver results, learn for the future, models integrity)
* Experience of working in matrix organizations; works effectively within cross-functional and multi location/ multi-cultural teams
* Demonstrated ability to identify, propose, manage and implement improvement projects
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are currently not able to send an email confirmation once you have completed your application. Please ensure you click “submit” on the summary page of the application process!
Hoffmann-La Roche, Inc.
Website : http://www.rocheusa.com