There are many manufacturing companies all over the world with great number of employment opportunities. You can find many jobs related to manufacturing, among which a manufacturing coordinator job can give you maximum exposure. It demands a lot of hard work and time, but in return you can get high pay. If you are taking growth prospects into consideration then this job can serve you with the best results. After every six months you can expect increase in salary, provided your work is excellent. As a manufacturing coordinator you have to coordinate resources and monitor the standard of the product. You have to plan the production schedule in such a way that it fits the budget of the company. For planning you must have complete knowledge regarding the product, distribution process, policies, functions, etc. of the company.
Duties of manufacturing coordinator
The manufacturing coordinator has to plan the master schedule, taking functional areas in to consideration in such a way that it fulfills the requirement of the consumer. They have to constantly interact with the employees or workers in order to make them work and explain to them the working procedure. They not only have to interact with the employees but also with upper management to give them the details of production. Manufacturing coordinator has to perform various jobs such as:
- As per order given by the customer they have to prepare the schedule and fix shipping dates.
- They have to draw certain guidelines for appropriate operation of the work.
- They have to calculate each and every thing related to manufacturing such as requirement of manpower, tools etc.
- It is important for them to analyze need of customer and according to the needs they have to train employees.
- Handles everything related to a sales job.
- In a company you can find various departments, they plan schedule for each and every department.
- If required they modify the plan and also change the design.
- It is their duty to maintain relationship with the members of each and every department as during the work course they have to deal with many members of different department.
- They can also determine whether extra shifts or overtime are required or not.
- Use appropriate tactics to solve the problems between workers, if there.
- For accurate work proper training is important and it is duty of the manufacturing coordinator to conduct various training programs.
- Maintaining proper level of inventories is very essential as too much of inventories can block finance of the company, whereas less number of inventories can delay the production.
- They should conduct business in an ethical manner, keeping in mind policies of the company.
- Most importantly they have to prepare special reports for the people of upper management.
A manufacturing coordinator requires a bachelor degree in engineering or operational management. They must also have knowledge of worksheet, database, word processing application, etc. Along with qualification their experience in jobs related to manufacturing can help them to gain better job. Good communication plays an important role as this job demands handling different people with different attitudes. Their interaction session must be so powerful that it must convert negative into positive. They must also have interpersonal as well as multi-tasking skills.
As there are many manufacturing companies across the world, there is great employment opportunity. If you are capable of handling duties and responsibilities then you can earn a phenomenal amount of money.
A manufacturing coordinator has to manage each and every thing related to production and marketing jobs. The various procedures involved include consumer events, developing collateral materials, managing vendor, etc. They have to perform various assigned duties with appropriate care. If you want to achieve success this field demands a lot of hard work.