Memphis, TN, United States
It, Manufacturing, Engineering
Requisition Number: MS-14546
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Organization: Distribution Center
Position Type: Full-time
This new and exciting role within our global Supply Chain Solutions team will be responsible for building the next generation of business intelligence tools. The focus is on developing BI dashboards, reports, and applications which will be adopted cross-functionally and throughout our organization to enable business users to easily find, manipulate, and evaluate data, making informed decisions to optimize our global value chain.
* Build and maintain Qlikview dashboards and reports to interface with business end users
* Identify data sources based on requests from internal customers and design BI tools to help end users best synthesize data and make optimal business decisions
* Examine current BI dashboards, make diagnoses, and continually improve and build Qlikview eco-system
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams' single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success. Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery -- and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement -- our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you. We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That's why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens' Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 4 year Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer information systems (equivalent educations or experience in these fields will be considered in lieu of 4 year degree)
* Proven track record in developing BI tools including creating interactive applications, dashboards, and reports for business end users
* Experience in WebApp development/programming
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL, and Java
* Ability to identify and work within a multitude of data sources with the additional ability to structure data validation to ensure data integrity
* Ability to work in a team environment or independently with little supervision
* Ability to work with internal customers and communicate business requirements
* Advanced knowledge of the QlikView BI environment
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.