Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Devens, MA, United States
Leads the operation of all area specific production equipment (i.e. CIP systems, bioreactors, chromatography systems, media/buffer preparation equipment etc.), process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.).
Takes active role in selecting and developing team. This includes leveraging relationships internal and external to the LSCC manufacturing team to build the best team possible.
Takes active role in developing less experienced Technical leads and leads selection and development of own team.
Ensures team adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
Ensures daily work coordination and distribution of work as demanded through VirtECS schedule – work assignment to team members to accomplish the production schedule
Manage daily communication to shift personnel and drives shift huddles and supports functional team meetings. Provides shift handover support in working with other shift supervisor/manager.
Ensures oversight for critical operations through systematic walk down and checks prior to execution advance. Review critical attributes and drive decisions.
Manage to schedule and plan. Recognize impact for cross functional impact. Any variance to be captured and communicated to cross functional groups in real time
Act as an area/system owner – a point of contact for all work to be carried out for the area over assigned shift
Build partnership with assigned technical lead to ensure daily data review and trends accomplished
Provide critical communications upwards, downward and across as deemed fit
Manage decisions– acquire feedback, input, and consult as require
Ensure shift notes communication – accuracy and completeness
Provide critical update summary to the staff following shift exchange
Provide coaching, mentoring and development of staff. Manage performance.
Develops operational schedule in conjunction with scheduling and planning team. Drives increased scheduled adherence.
Drives continuous improvements through staff engagement
Accountable for the preparation of performance connections objectives and for the mid-year and EOY performance connection review process.
Demonstrated ability to lead manufacturing operations teams to achieve objectives. Acts to promote a productive and cooperative climate. Helps to promote team effectiveness by engaging in a trusting, supportive partnership with others. Encourages or facilitates a beneficial resolution of purpose. Resolve conflicts in a constructive manner that allows win/win solution.
Participates in the budget development process; effectively controls the controllable expenses (OT, Supplies, T&E) within their influence.
• Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is highly desired.
• Direct biologic manufacturing experience of 6 years with minimum of 2 years of previous supervisory experience which demonstrates proficiency in selection of team and effectively managing personnel issues is highly desired.
• Extensive knowledge of SOPs and cGMPs and the know–how to work and manage within a regulatory environment.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing process with participation in pharmaceutical technology, technology transfer, process development, manufacturing support.
• Demonstrated aptitude for engineering principles and manufacturing automation systems.
• Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever changing business environment.
• Effective communication and technical writing skills with support groups in the coordinating system to obtain needed cooperation and support as required in a timely and effectively manner.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Website : http://www.bms.com
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global BioPharma company firmly focused on its Mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.