Legal Sea Foods
Boston, MA, United States
Responsible for the operations of the production center. Ensures all products are produced in the most cost effective manner within quality control standards. Responsible for hiring, firing, coaching and counseling of all subordinate associates. Manages adherence to all sanitation standards and procedures as dictated by local, state and federal authorities and as monitored by the LSF Quality Assurance Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the development and implementation of programs and procedures to maximize production, minimize waste, increase capacity and efficiencies, and maintain product quality and integrity.
• Addresses Sanitation and GMP deviations on an immediate and ongoing basis and assists in the training and development of production personnel in these key areas.
• Provides support and guidance to maintenance, sanitation, and quality control, warehouse, and management personnel.
• Assists in the development of personnel and team leadership, conducts performance appraisals, and assists in developing goals and monitoring and reporting results.
• Ensures adherence to procedures, including GMP requirements, food safety, and plant personnel safety.
• Develops, monitors and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run and takes necessary steps to resolve problems/issues.
• Ensures products are produced according to specifications and quality standards are met.
• Assures prompt shipping of products to the restaurants and customers.
• Manages difficult or emotional restaurant situations; responds promptly to restaurant needs; solicits restaurant feedback to improve service and quality.
• Responsible for constantly obtaining the “best business practices” of other food processing organizations, through various periodicals, networking practices and/or visits to similar food production operations.
• Manages budget and controls expenses in an accurate and effective manner.
• Trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Partners with HR as appropriate.
• Ensures managers and supervisors are adhering to company policies and administering practices in a fair and equitable manner.
Skills & Competencies
• Experience and compression of GMP requirements, HACCP and USDA (where applicable), OSHA standards and requirements.
• Computer skills – Microsoft application, warehouse management systems.
• Must be able to understand and control inventory levels
• Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5s, or other applications
Minimum Education & Training • 5 years of experience in managing production and warehouse environment.
• Knowledge and experience in working with a variety of production systems preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience required
Environmental Working Conditions
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift. Must have a good sense of balance, be able to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and wipe. Must be able to frequently lift and carry food, and other items weighing up to 50 pounds. Needs to be computer & fax machine literate. Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers, managers and supervisors.
Legal Sea Foods
Website : http://www.legalseafoods.com
Legal Sea Foods was born in 1950 when George Berkowitz opened a fish market in the Inman Square neighborhood of Cambridge, Massachusetts. He opened it adjacent to his father Harry’s grocery store Legal Cash Market where customers were given “Legal Stamps” (forerunners of S&H green stamps) with their purchases. It’s here that the “Legal” name became synonymous with quality and freshness. In 1968, the Berkowitz family opened its first seafood restaurant, right next to the fish market. The fish was simply prepared, either broiled or fried, and served on paper plates at communal picnic tables. Despite the low-key trappings, the food was second to none and word quickly spread. This early success led to further expansion and now, six decades later with restaurants along the Eastern Seaboard, the family philosophy endures: Legal Sea Foods is a fish company in the restaurant business.