Arlington, TX, United States
Plant Floor Controls Engineer','MAN0027507','!*!About GM:
General Motors (NYSE: GM, TSX: GMM) is a globally renowned mobility technology company with roots tracing back to 1908. Today, with 215,000 employees spread across 396 facilities in more than 100 countries around the globe, GM offers exciting careers designing, engineering and building some of the world’s most advanced vehicles and personal mobility solutions.
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar.
Our culture is centered on being Made For More. It’s a concept reflecting our constant pursuit and confident expectation for more out of life—for our company, for our planet, for our customers, and for ourselves. Because our work goes beyond making cars; it’s about allowing people greater access to and more meaningful interactions with the world around them. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
As state-of-the-art technologies continue to transform the automotive industry, GM is committed to maintaining its position as an industry leader and establishing its innovative vision for the future of transportation. Learn more at http://careers.gm.com.
Mission: Design, build and sell the world's best vehicles.
GM - Arlington Assembly Plant:
The General Motors Arlington Assembly Plant has been building world class vehicles in Texas since January 6, 1954. It was the company’s first air-conditioned automobile factory. During its first years of production, GM Arlington produced Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac and Chevrolet passenger cars. The plant converted to truck production in 1997 and now is the only GM facility in the world to produce and export GM’s portfolio of full-size sport utility vehicles – the award-winning Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Suburban, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL and Cadillac Escalade. GM Arlington is one of 63 GM facilities recognized by the EPA for achieving the Energy Star Challenge, reducing energy intensity by 10% within 5 years, equivalent nearly 250,000 homes.
Plant Floor Controls Engineer
Support maintenance organization with effective problem resolution and troubleshooting. May supervise or exercise technical direction over skilled trades employees. Act as plant lead for the installation of new plant floor equipment.
· Responsible for controls engineering and electrical support.
· Manages electrical projects including new, replacement, operations improvements, and periodic repair and replacement.
· Participates in functional area plant meetings and related activities representing maintenance and to assist in improving the plant's performance goals.
· Provides technical support, direction, and training to support personnel/Skilled Trades within the organization.
· Investigates systems and equipment problems and provides technical input in problem resolution.
· Develops cost estimates, investment forecast, business cases, appropriation requests, and plans for minor project activity.
· Coordinates with area Manufacturing Engineers and GMVO Engineering on new model process and equipment planning, including model change, CQPI, throughput, sourcing, etc.
· Assist in the development of a project support plan between the plant, GMNA, and contractor resources.
· Maintains proficiency in their field.
· Coordinate with Body, Paint, and General Assembly to support/attain plant-wide goals (Business Plan Deployment).
· Support GMS and Quality Network implementation initiatives.
· Utilizes statistical methods for continuous improvement on plant systems.
· Enforces safe work practices as the highest priority and implements objectives for ergonomics, health/safety, and housekeeping.
· Maintains good working relationships with peers, hourly employees, union, management, supplier community, and interfaces with necessary support functions outside of the assembly plant.
· Develops and monitors planning timetables and projects schedules.
· Utilizes best practices and common systems to support the overall competitive manufacturing initiative.
· Coordinates and communicates the development of changes to improve conditions for the assembly process.
· Ensures long term, cost effective maintenance of equipment and facility.
· Manages projects to minimize investment cost while providing facilities that require a minimum operating cost (maximum throughput, energy efficiency, etc.).','!*!
· Ability to program and troubleshoot processors in the Allen Bradley PLC family
· High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
· High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
· High level of oral and written communication skills
· Five years of experience working in automotive assembly
Education and Training:
· Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent training and experience
','US-TX-Arlington','','Jan 2, 2019','Feb 16, 2019','Manufacturing','Plant Floor Controls Engineer
Website : http://www.gm.com
General Motors Company (GM) designs, manufactures, and markets cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. The company markets its vehicles primarily under the Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Opel, Holden, and Vauxhall brand names, as well as under the Alpheon, Jiefang, Baojun, and Wuling brand names. It also sells cars and trucks to dealers for consumer retail sales, as well as to fleet customers, including daily rental car companies, commercial fleet customers, leasing companies, and governments. In addition, the company offers connected safety, security and mobility solutions, and information technology services. The company, through its subsidiary, General Motors Financial Company, Inc. provides automotive financing services and lease products through GM dealerships in connection with the sale of used and new automobiles that target customers with sub-prime and prime credit bureau scores. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Detroit, Michigan.